Wednesday 14 August 2013

Busy Times!

What busy times ahead. This little cottage industry growing and coming on in leaps and bounds. I've so much to tell you about what has been happening in the last couple of weeks since my last post.

First I have extended my Willow collection to include a wedding collection, which I am really pleased with. It took a while to do, but it was really worth the effort. Made with white super duo beads, silver metallic seed beads, and clear ab crystal beads, I really do think this makes a stunning bridal ensemble.






I also have a chance to do a class, teaching this particular style, which I'm still trying to arrange.

A few days ago, I got a beep on my phone telling me that I had an email. On checking a good friend of mine had mentioned me in a tweet. I had to look to see what she was up to, as it was pretty randon being a Wednesday evening.

Well it turned out that a local hairdresser was looking for a local jewellery maker to supply her shop! Now I couldn't turn that down could I? I contacted her, we eventually spoke on the phone and agreed terms. It turns out the hairdresser has a huge front window she wants to fill with more than just hair product, and give customers a 'little bit of Norfolk' to take with them. So if anyone wants to see my jewellery 'in the flesh' you can go to Hairtech, Church Road, Hovent, Wroxham, Nofolk.

So I have spent the last few days sorting through stock, making a spreadsheet, packing and labelling. There hasn't been much time for making things. I've also had to remove a fair bit of stock from my Etsy shop too, but there is plenty left to see.

However, I have managed to make a few bits and pieces, with a new bracelet design, for which I'm writing a tutorial, and some earrings, which have actually been packed off to the hairdressers, but can be made to order. These had a great reaction on Facebook, so I'm showing them here too.

One last note, is that I have decided to close my Folksy shop down when listings run out in November. I don't want to spend ages spelling out everything reason I am doing this, and believe me there are many. Suffice to say, there are many ongoing problems on the site that are not being resolved, after two years of sellers including myself, complaining about them. It's sad in a way, as I have made friends with many crafters from there, but the good news is, they are all on Etsy!

Anyway, here are a few pics of my latest makes...



     

 



 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment